FT-818 | Yaesu
Portable & mobile HF/VHF/UHF all mode transceiver, up to 6W of solid output power and built-in high stability TCXO. This radio comes with Ni-MH 1900 mAh battery pack and whip antenna for 50/144/430 MHz. Ideated in Japan, year of introduction 2018.
Reference market : ham-radio
0.1000 ~ 56.0000 MHz
76.0000 ~ 154.0000 MHz
420.0000 ~ 470.0000 MHz
1.8 MHz band
3.5 MHz band
5.1675 MHz channel 
5.3 MHz band 
7.0 MHz band
10 MHz band
14 MHz band
18 MHz band
21 MHz band
24 MHz band
28 MHz band
50 MHz band
144 MHz band
430 MHz band
|Modulation mode||CW / FSK (RTTY/Packet) / LSB / USB / AM / FM |
|Tuning step||10 / 100 Hz / 1 / 2.5 / 5 / 6.25 / 9 / 10 / 12.5 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 50 KHz / 1 MHz|
0.25 uV (1.8~30 MHz, 10dB S/N)
0.20 uV (50~54 MHz, 10dB S/N)
0.125 uV (144~148 MHz, 10dB S/N)
0.125 uV (430~450 MHz, 10dB S/N)
32.0 uV (0.5~1.8 MHz, 10dB S/N)
2.0 uV (1.8~30 MHz, 10dB S/N)
2.0 uV (50~54 MHz, 10dB S/N)
0.5 uV (28~30 MHz, 12dB SINAD)
0.32 uV (50~54 MHz, 12dB SINAD)
0.2 uV (144~148 MHz, 12dB SINAD)
0.2 uV (430~450 MHz, 12dB SINAD)
0.3 KHz (-6dB)
1.0 KHz (-60dB)
0.5 KHz (-6dB)
2.0 KHz (-60dB)
2.2 KHz (-6dB)
4.5 KHz (-60dB)
6.0 KHz (-6dB)
20.0 KHz (-60dB)
9.0 KHz (-6dB)
25.0 KHz (-60dB)
15.0 KHz (-6dB)
30.0 KHz (-60dB)
|RF preamplifier ||Yes|
|RF attenuator ||~10 dB|
> 70 dB (1.8~50 MHz bands)
> 60 dB (144/430 MHz bands)
|IF rejection||> 60 dB|
Semi break-in and full break-in
300~1000 Hz pitch control
Reverse mode LSB/USB
|Noise blanker (NB)||Yes|
|RIT (clarifier) variable range||± 9.99 KHz|
|AGC||Off, fast, slow (Selectable)|
± 0.5 ppm max with temperature from -10°C to +60°C (CW/SSB/AM)
± 1 KHz max with temperature from -10°C to +60°C (FM)
10.7 MHz (W-FM only)
|2°||455 KHz (CW/SSB/AM/FM)|
2.5 uV (1.8~30 MHz, attenuator OFF)
1.0 uV (50~54 MHz, attenuator OFF)
0.5 uV (144~148 MHz)
0.5 uV (430~450 MHz)
0.32 uV (28~30 MHz, attenuator OFF)
0.20 uV (50~54 MHz, attenuator OFF)
0.16 uV (144~148 MHz)
0.16 uV (430~450 MHz)
|Output power ||SSB / CW / FSK / FM||1 / 2.5 / 5 / 6 W|
|AM||0.7 / 1 / 1.7 / 2 W|
< -50 dB (1.8~29.7 MHz bands)
< -60 dB (50/144/430 MHz bands)
|Carrier suppression (SSB)||< -40 dB|
|Unwanted sideband suppression (SSB)||< -50 dB|
|Maximum deviation (FM)||± 2.5 / 5 KHz (narrow / wide)|
|Microphone||600Ω nominal (200~10kΩ)|
|CW features||4~60 wpm keyer|
200 regular memories, 1/10 groups
4 home memories (HF/50/144/430 bands)
10 Hz frequency resolution
Segment-bar signal meter
|Selective calling||CTCSS / DCS|
BNC 50Ω front connector
SO239 50Ω rear connector
13.8 VDC ±15% nominal (8~16 VDC)
12.0 VDC (8 x "AA" alkaline cells)
9.6 VDC (Ni-MH battery pack)
~250mA RX, squelched
~450mA RX, typ
2.4A TX, max power (HF/50/144 MHz bands)
2.7A TX, max power (430 MHz band)
|Audio power||1 Watt with an 8Ω load|
|Audio output||Jack 3.5 mm headphone or external speaker (low/hight level switch)|
6-pin miniDIN (TNC for RTTY/AFSK/Packet)
8-pin miniDIN (PC control, cloning, ALC, band data)
Jack 3.5 mm (keyer)
|Mechanical and environmental data :|
|Operating temperature||from -10°C to +60°C|
|Dimensions||135 (W) x 38 (H) x 165 (D) mm|
|Weight||0.9kg without battery, antenna and microphone|
 U.S. version only, Alaska emergency frequency
 U.S. version only
 Wide-FM mode on 76~108 MHz only
 Optional YF-122CN filter installed
 Optional YF-122C filter installed
 The feature does not function on 144/430 MHz bands
 When using alkaline batteries or the supplied battery pack the max power is limited to 2.5 Watts
The FT-818 (FT-818ND) continues all the great features of the Yaesu FT-817 with output power increased to 6 Watts and built-in high stability TCXO oscillator besides the 1900 mAh NiMH high capacity battery. This radio is a fully self-contained multi-band transceiver for portable & mobile (car/camping/field) use. Providing coverage of the 1.8 to 28 MHz ham bands, plus the 50 / 144 / 430 bands, the rig includes operation for every modes as well for satellite communications. The FT-818 is designed for use either from an external power-supply or internal batteries, provides up to 6W with external DC power and up to 2.5W when using the battery pack. Other features:
- Wide receive frequency coverage, from 100 kHz to 56 MHz as well 76-154 and 420-470 MHz.
- Transmit coverage for all bands from 160 meters to 70 cm, plus Alaska Emergency Channel (5167.5 kHz) for U.S. version.
- Transmit coverage of the U.S. 60 meter band (as following table).
- IPO, Intercept Point Optimization, and RF attenuator for HF/50 bands.
- Dual VFOs, RX/TX split capability, clarifier.
- Automatic repeater shift and VOX function.
- Digital modes RTTY, PSK31, Pactor, etc.
- Wide / Narrow FM selection.
- Built-in Noise Blanker (NB).
- Built-in TCXO.
- Built-in CW keyer and Semi-Break-In, down to 10ms delay, capability.
- Adjustable CW pitch, normal / reverse paddle connection selection.
- Two optional narrow-band CW filters (only one optional filter may be installed).
- Built-in CTCSS and DCS decoder / encoder.
- ARTS, Auto-Range Transponder System, with DCS signaling.
- 200 regular memories with alpha-numeric labeling, plus home channels and band-limit for scan.
- Automatic power-off (APO) and Time-out timer (TOT) features.
- Bar-graph of RF power, ALC level, SWR, modulation.
- Two color, blue or amber, multi-function LCD display.
- Front and rear panel antenna connectors, real confort!
- Computer control (CAT) and cloning capability.
- Ultra compact case size.
FT-818 price :
We have collected for your convenience the FT-818 Yaesu sales prices and their trend over time. Of course offers, accessories, warranty terms and conditions can lead to different figures.
Store special offer
Your opinion on merits, defects, experiences, with this radio set is welcome. Write your review, after a technical evaluation by our staff if found suitable will be published on this page. We thank you for your precious contribution.