IC-7700 | ICOM
Top of the line HF/50 MHz transceiver with two 32-bit floating point DSP. Double conversion superheterodyne, +40dBm IP3 performance, three roofing filter, high stability OCXO. 200 Watt max output power, RTTY and PSK31 operation without PC. Ideated in Japan.
Reference market : ham-radio
|Frequency coverage||RX ||0.0300 ~ 60.0000 MHz|
1.8000 ~ 1.9999 MHz 
3.5000 ~ 3.9999 MHz 
5.2550 ~ 5.4050 MHz 
7.0000 ~ 7.3000 MHz 
10.1000 ~ 10.1500 MHz
14.0000 ~ 14.3500 MHz
18.0680 ~ 18.1680 MHz
21.0000 ~ 21.4500 MHz
24.8900 ~ 24.9900 MHz
28.0000 ~ 29.7000 MHz
50.0000 ~ 54.0000 MHz 
|Modulation mode||CW / FSK (RTTY) / PSK / LSB / USB / AM / FM|
|Tuning step||1 / 10 / 100 Hz / 1 / 5 / 9 / 10 / 12.5 / 20 / 25 KHz|
|Sensitivity||CW / RTTY / SSB ||
0.5 uV (0.1~1.8 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp1 ON)
0.16 uV (1.8~30 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp1 ON)
0.13 uV (50~54 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp2 ON)
6.3 uV (0.1~1.8 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp1 ON)
2.0 uV (1.8~30 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp1 ON)
1.0 uV (50~54 MHz, 10dB S/N, p.amp2 ON)
0.5 uV (28~30 MHz, 12dB SINAD, p.amp1 ON)
0.32 uV (50~54 MHz, 12dB SINAD, p.amp2 ON)
> 0.50 KHz (-3dB)
< 0.70 KHz (-60dB)
> 2.4 KHz (-3dB)
< 3.6 KHz (-60dB)
> 2.4 KHz (-3dB)
< 3.6 KHz (-60dB)
> 6 KHz (-3dB)
< 15 KHz (-60dB)
> 12 KHz (-6dB)
< 20 KHz (-60dB)
~10 dB (P.amp1, for all bands)
~16 dB (P.amp2, for upper HF and above)
|RF attenuator||6 / 12 / 18dB|
|Dynamic range||110 dB (wide spaced signals, 14 MHz, p.amp OFF)|
|Blocking||140 dB (100 KHz spaced signal, 14 MHz, p.amp OFF)|
|IP2 (2nd order intercept point)||+112dBm (14 MHz, p.amp OFF)|
|IP3 (3rd order intercept point)||+40dBm (14 MHz, p.amp OFF)|
|Image and spurious rejection||> 70 dB|
50 Hz steps (SSB/CW/RTTY/PSK)
200 Hz steps (AM)
|Notch attenuation (Manual)||> 70 dB typ|
Semi break-in / full break-in
Pitch control 300~900 Hz in 5Hz steps
Audio peak filter with 320, 160 and 80Hz BW
Reverse mode L/USB
|PSK features||BPSK and QPSK mode|
|Noise blanker (NB)||Level adjustable|
|Noise reduction (NR)||16 level adjustable|
|RIT variable range||± 9.999 KHz|
|AGC||Off, fast, mid, slow|
|Frequency stability||± 0.05 ppm max with temperature from 0°C to +50°C after warm-up|
|Intermediate frequency||1°||64.455 MHz|
|Squelch sensitivity||SSB/CW/FSK/PSK||< 5.6 uV (threshold, p.amp OFF)|
|FM||< 1.0 uV (threshold, p.amp OFF)|
|Output power||SSB / CW / RTTY / PSK / FM||5 ~ 200 W|
|AM||5 ~ 50 W|
< -60 dB (1.8~29.7 MHz)
< -70 dB (50 MHz)
|Out of band||
< -50 dB (1.8~29.7 MHz)
< -66 dB (50 MHz)
|Carrier suppression (SSB)||> 63 dB|
|Unwanted sideband suppression (SSB)||> 80 dB|
|XIT variable range||± 9.999 KHz|
|CW features||6~48 wpm Keyer|
|Antenna tuner||Matching impedance range||
16.7 to 150Ω (1.8~30 MHz bands)
20 to 125Ω (50 MHz band)
|Minimum operating power||
8W (1.8~30 MHz bands)
15W (50 MHz band)
|Tuning accuracy||SWR 1,5:1|
|Insertion loss||<1.0 dB (after tuning)|
99 regular memories
2 for programmed scan limits
1 Hz frequency resolution
7-inch 800 x 480 pixels TFT
4 x SO239 50Ω connectors
BNC connector (receive input)
|Power supply||85~265 Volt AC|
210VA RX, max audio
200VA RX, Standby
800VA TX, max power
|Audio power||2.6W with an 8Ω load|
Jack 6.35 mm headphone
Jack 3.5 mm external speaker
Jack 8-pin (microphone)
Jack 3.5 mm (CI-V remote control)
Jack 3.5 mm (keypad)
Jack 3.5 mm (meter)
Jack 6.35 mm (CW keyer)
RCA (T/R CONTROL)
Socket 8-pin (accessories 1)
Socket 7-pin (accessories 2)
Socket 2-pin (~15V/1A DC output)
2 x BNC (receive antenna in/out)
BNC (transverted antenna in/out)
BNC (10MHz reference)
2 x S/P-DIF (digital audio in/out)
D-SUB 15-pin (VGA external display)
RS232C (PC, RTTY/PSK31 output)
2 x USB (keyboard, flash drive)
|Mechanical and environmental data :|
|Operating temperature||from 0°C to +50°C|
|Dimensions||425 (W) x 149 (H) x 437 (D) mm projections not included|
 Some frequency bands are not guaranteed
 Varies according to version
 EU version 1.81-2 MHz, 3.5-3.8 MHz, 7-7.1 MHz, 50-52 MHz, UK version 7-7.2 MHz
 USA version, allowed on these discrete frequencies: 5.3305 / 5.3465 / 5.3665 / 5.3715 / 5.4035 MHz
 2.4kHz bandwidth
 6.0kHz bandwidth
 15.0kHz bandwidth
 0.5kHz bandwidth
The IC-7700 achieves first-class performance on HF/50 MHz bands. The transceiver use two 32-bit floating point DSP and a double conversion system with 2nd-stage image rejection mixer. Three roofing filter of 15kHz, 6kHz and 3kHz provides high blocking dynamic range. The transmitter's power amplifiers use a combination of push-pull final with two MRF150 transistors, having proven reliability in professional communications. These devices generate a stable 200 Watts of output power from HF to 54MHz. The radio has a built-in RTTY and PSK31 modulator/demodulator. By simply connecting a USB key-board, you can immediately start enjoying these modes. In addition, you can also pre-program transmit messages in the internal message memory or a USB memory stick and transmit them even without typing a message from a USB keyboard.
Advance receiver performance. The IP3 performance of a radio can be improved by sacrificing sensitivity, but ICOM considers this a poor choice. To achieve real high-performance, ICOM reviewed all of the analog receiver circuitry. The IC7700 employs mechanical relay BPF switching, a digitally tuned pre-selector, and three hi-spec 1st IF filters in a clean and simple double-conversion superheterodyne design. By balancing the analog and DSP functions, the IC-7700 provides superior sensitivity simultaneously with a superb dynamic range of 110dB, and +40dBm IP3 (even in USB mode with 2.4 kHz filter bandwidth). An IP2 point of more than +110dBm means the 2nd order distortion from strong broadcast stations will be completely eliminated. The endless pursuit of leading analog circuit engineering makes it possible to achieve this leading edge level of performance.
IC-7700 dynamic range, IP3 and IP2
Other features :
- The transmitter and receiver use a 32-bit floating point DSP, offering the high performance of 1800 MFLOPS processing.
- The spectrum scope DSP achieves 1200 MFLOPS of peak performance.
- RTTY /PSK31 operation without PC connection.
- Digital voice recorder.
- 7-inch wide color TFT LCD.
- USB ports on the front panel.
- High stability OCXO unit.
- A 10MHz reference signal can be input to the radio or output for use by external equipment.
- 4 antenna connectors.
- S/P DIF optical digital interface.
- Firmware upgrade for maintaining the best performance.
- General coverage receiver covers from 30kHz to 60MHz.
- CW/AM auto tuning function.
- High specification inband IMD.
- Band pass filters utilizes high-grade mechanical relays.
- To reduce secondary distortion large coils are used in the high-amplitude filter switching circuits.
- Digital pre-selector available between 1.5 to 30 MHz.
- 4 pre-amplifiers, two for the HF bands and two for the 50MHz band.
- 4-step attenuator (6/12/18dB and OFF).
- Two AGC loops.
- Twin peak audio filter.
- Digital twin PBT.
- Variable noise blanker.
- Noise reduction.
- Manual notch filter and auto notch filter.
- BNC type input/output connectors for receiver antenna.
- Microphone equalizer and adjustable transmit bandwidth.
- Low distortion RF speech compressor.
- Tx monitor.
- 50 CTCSS tone encoder and decoder.
- All mode power control.
- VOX capability.
- High speed automatic antenna tuner covering HF to 50MHz band.
- Multi-function electronic keyer with adjustable keying speed, dot-dash ratio and paddle polarity and bug key function.
- Memory keyer.
- DSP controlled CW keying waveform shaping.
- Frequency lock function for split operation.
- The normal (default) CW carrier point is selectable from USB and LSB.
- APF (audio peak filter) function with soft/sharp filter shape.
- Double key jack system.
- Full break-in function.
- CW pitch control from 300 to 900Hz.
- Set mode function for flexible and speedy setting.
- Memory pad stores up to 10 (or 5) operating frequencies.
- Quick split function enables split operation with a single action.
- SSB/CW synchronous tuning.
- RIT and XIT.
- Quick RIT/XIT clear function.
- UTC/Local Clock and timer function.
- 1Hz pitch tuning and 1Hz indication.
- 101 memory channels with 10-character comment.
- Built-in voice synthesizer announces operating frequency, mode and receiving signal strength.
- Programmed scan, memory scan, select memory scan, VSC scan and frequency scan.
- Auto tuning step function.
- Band edge beep.
- Main dial tension control and dial lock.
- CI-V interface capability and RS-232C connector for PC connection.
- BNC type Transverter connector.
- Triple band stacking register.
- FFT scope wave averaging function.
- Screen saver function.
IC-7700 price :
We have collected for your convenience the IC-7700 ICOM sales prices and their trend over time. Of course offers, accessories, warranty terms and conditions can lead to different figures.
Your opinion on merits, defects, experiences, with this radio set is welcome. Write your review, after a technical evaluation by our staff if found suitable will be published on this page. We thank you for your precious contribution.